Friday, 30 October 2009

That'll teach 'em

In today's session, we have watched a video entitled "that'll teach 'em". It featured a group of modern 16-year-old school children who have been spending 1 month in a 1950s boarding school.

My opionion about this TV series is that this project could be a good experience for everyone. I think the discipline in the boarding schol was much better than it is today. The courses were very interesting but difficult for me to understand.

In my view, the teaching methods were not varied enough. Most of the time the students had to read in their books. In the 1950s, things like audioplayers, computers or the internet were still unknown to the people. The teachers were constantly screaming, which made the students feel depressed and frightened.

In the end, I think this temporary exercise in the school has harmed no one, but on the oppossite, has made the students one experience richer.

1 comment:

Petra said...

I wonder where your 'English Classes' text is...

Thanks for fixing your blog...